It seems that we try to pack more things to do into our every day but few of these things improve our health or nourish our soul. Here are some ideas to help you bring more joy into your days:
1. Brew a pot of herbal tea, sit down with a book or magazine and just take a break from the world.
2. Smile. Even if you don’t want to. Smiling tricks your brain into thinking you’re happy. (
3. Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while (someone positive who just makes you feel good).
4. Do something nice for someone else. Sometimes just doing a good deed can bring so much joy to both the giver and receiver. You can donate to a charity, take clothes you’re not using to Salvation Army, donate blankets to an animal shelter, pay for a stranger’s coffee at a café, give books to your local library, and so much more.
5. Tend a garden. Don’t have one. Find a way to join or start a community garden. Even if you have a balcony you can grow some flowers or herbs in containers.
What else can we do for our soul?