Monday, April 18, 2016

Honesty

Honesty refers to a facet of moral character and connotes positive and virtuous attributes such as integritytruthfulness, straightforwardness, including straightforwardness of conduct, along with the absence of lying, cheating, theft, etc. Furthermore, honesty means being trustworthy, loyalfair, and sincere.

People in 12 step programs refer to Honesty as a key to beginning a healthy life
From http://thoughtsonthedisease.blogspot.com
There's a lot more to being honest than just NOT telling lies. There are lies of omission, the things we don't say, secrets we don't share. Those can be as devastating as an outright lie. 

What's the old saying? "What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"

Beyond being honest with others I find it imperative to be 100% honest with myself
I've learned my faults, my points of angst and the joys I earned

Lets share our honest selves

No comments:

Post a Comment