Monday, January 16, 2017

Words

"The words of a wise man's mouth win him favor, but the lips of a fool consume him."

Did you really say that? Did I really say that?  

Words are wonderful, they are one of many ways people communicate, share ideas, express thoughts, lay out plans, sing songs, tell stories and teach.

When used express feelings they can evoke emotions.  The phrase "I love you" often emotes a joy

"I despise that image" often emotes angst. 

As a queer man I hear/read other queer folk using words against each other. Those same words that non queer people use against us.  Why use them?  Remember "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it"?  I do and really try to live by that idea

Let's all (yes that means me, too) think before speaking or acting. 

See how affirming with life and each other can be.  Use the power of words for good


No comments:

Post a Comment