Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Discomfort Zone

Have you used "I'd rather stay in my comfort zone?" I know I have and do other stay there. The word COMFORT alone speaks volumes.  Webster defines the word or feeling "the easing or alleviation of a person's feelings of grief or distress."  

volumes Living in my comfort zone hasn't always been easy.  Coming out at 17yrs to my mom. Getting an HIV status at 24  A stroke at 41 and admitting I need help makes this guy from a German background uneasy.

It's when I left my comfort zone that I grew and continue to still.  Just this blog alone "It's not about me" well it is about me: I write from my experience hoping to find or share a connection with you and yours.

If I had stayed in my comfort zone during chemo treatments in the 1994 I'd have never bicycled across Alaska, lived/worked in Kenya or even moved from closeness of family to southern Florida

Some times it's good to leave our/my  comfort zone to find out that the discomfort zone doesn't last long

Please comment here to share if you find entering "The Discomfort Zone" helpful



No comments:

Post a Comment