Friday, January 25, 2019

Fit in or?

We grow up believing that in order to be happy, we need to belong somewhere – a society, a country, a social circle and finally, a family.. Yes that's a broad statement and one I don't often make.  For me it's partly true.  For me here's the hard part. The youngest of five children, I am the tallest and the only gay one.  Until my family aged I was the only one with a life challenging condition :HIV.

Leaving the cocoon of a close family to live in Southern Florida eight years ago set me farther apart.  I felt a NEED to seek out others like me: a man of faith queer and such.

Here I am on a Thursday evening, television off and alone and I'm OK with that. 

Happy with my sence of self is where I belong at this moment.

Where do you fit in in all of your challenges and changes?


No comments:

Post a Comment