Saturday, September 29, 2012

Boldly Go

Did you ever notice that a fair number of LGBT people are Star Trek fans?

Not all out groupies of "Trekers" but people who see something special in this series of television shows, movies & books that sounds safe, encouraging and oddly familiar.

"To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before" is how many of us/ I lead our lives. We don't or didn't for YEARS have roll models to follow  as we start dating, setting up homes, etc. Sure,  I'm grateful to have great parents who were loving and accepting and I plan on modeling my eventual marriage to theirs but i admit my growing up was not the norm.

I've met far too many people who've been put off by parents, co workers, politicians and people in pulpits who prefer we go "quietly into the night"

(Thank goodness for the open message of MCC, I know longer hear any person in  pulpit who can put me down).

I do realize ST never had any openly queer people, it's the overall message of a community beyond our boarders, acceptance of new and "odd" societies through a Prime Directive that can mean so much.


Let's you and I go Boldly into a new venture, see life as wonderful, explore new worlds even in our own back yard


While were at it, let's help our kin by donating to the SMART Ride

https://www.thesmartride.org/8/pledge/pages/223/


No comments:

Post a Comment