Friday, July 6, 2012

All for the Best

In the original Star Trek show; when ever there was a landing party a crew member wearing a red shirt would be with Kirk, Spock, "Bones" etc.  That's the crew member who would be killed off.

How does that old Hollywood joke go? If your cast on Star Trek and costuming gives you a red shirt, it's  one day shoot. Basically, you're  expendable.


Don't believe it for a minute that no matter what your role in life is, your job, relationship etc that  you are expendable.  We all have a role in others lives to play: to someone YOU are everything.

For me: I'm WAY underemployed and after the boat cruise on Ft Lauderdale's inter coastal seeing homes I can only dream of, instead of focusing on what I don't have, I thought of what I do have; people who've I touched by keeping an upbeat attitude & outlook.

When I started doing rides like the Twin Cities to Chicago AIDS ride, I'll admit it was about ME.
I need help that some of the benifiting agencies offered.  Now I do it for others

Can you help me prove no one is EXPENDABLE?


This November I'm riding by bicycle from Miami to Key West to raise money for agencies that help people with HIV/AIDS

SMART Ride 9   Rider R. J. Hadley #223

No comments:

Post a Comment