Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Be Bold

I saw a man flagging at the Names Project Quilt. He was by himself using one flag, carefully looking at panels while moving with what seemed to be a sense of purpose.

A facebook comment said "how sad" while I thought "HOW BOLD,  how touching, how caring"

He used an art form he knew & could do well to show respect as he walked around.

I found it touching that his flag was in rainbow colors, too since the sky Monday was a tad overcast it added flair and brightness to the day.

For me, I couldn't flag if my life depended on it. Chew gum and blog at the same time? Ride my bike from Miami to Key West to raise money? Sure!!

As a Queer man who's boldly open about living with HIV I find this touchingAs a Queer man who's boldly open about living with HIV I find this touching

Let's honor what makes YOU bold and live it, claim it and shout out "I am what I am"




No comments:

Post a Comment