Saturday, July 21, 2012

Tears

Martha Stevens wrote a touching song. "For Those Tears I Died" & here's the refrain
"I know you are thirsty, you won't be denied;
I felt ev'ry teardrop when in darkness you cried,
And I strove to remind you that for those tears I
died."

There's no way I'll discuss the theology of this song, it's just one that was in my head today as I walked on The Mall where the Names Project Quilt will be layed out this weekend. 

Feeling both sadness for those I lost and anticipation for the flood of emotion I know I'll feel when  the Quilt is out, in the sun for all to see, tears will flow.

I call on you  friend or casual reader to remember our family members, friends, co workers and strangers no longer able to see a new sunrise, debate strong points, share a story  or a meal. Whether it's some one whose name is on this Quilt or some one else who's "stepped over the rainbow" so to speak

Remember, Celebrate and Live OUR lives


No comments:

Post a Comment