Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hope

What a word: Hope. In 2002 for a speaking engagement I asked people all around the world to define HOPE.
Here's a few “To me, hope is knowing that something good is to come even when I don’t know exactly what it is. It is waiting in anticipation.  Sure, things don’t always happen as I've hoped for but sometimes, hope is all there is to hold onto.”
-
“HOPE… is the feeling that makes people wake up the feeling giving the world peace (eventually) the feeling that drives people to take another step forward.”
-
“Hope… it is the light which illuminates our way… all through our lives… sometimes the light is dim, sometimes it’s bright… but the intensity of the light does not matter.
It’s always there… we embrace all transient and sometimes uncertain realities of HOPE, but it’s always there.”

I could go on but my blogs are short so I'll ad as a person who's LIVING with HIV for 26 years and sober for 16 I've found HOPE fills my days; my dreams; my future

You, each reader, are MY HOPE - My POSITIVE EXPECTATION of a good/God filled future.

The last submitted definition is  still my favorite though“Hope… it is the light which illuminates our way… all through our lives… sometimes the light is dim, sometimes it’s bright… but the intensity of the light does not matter.
It’s always there… we embrace all transient and sometimes uncertain realities of HOPE, but it’s always there.”

What's YOUR Hope?  How do YOU define or live it?







No comments:

Post a Comment