Monday, July 23, 2012

Legalize Love

While at MCC DC Sunday I saw a man wearing this shirt
It made me think, and not if it's about "gay marriage" or same gender love acceptance but it stuck me as a rallying call: we, LGBTi people have come so far and yet there's people who still don't get it.

My relationship with Dylan wont affect anyone's marriage, traditional (what ever the heck that means) or not

I say not just love but accept, fully approve and embrace LOVE in all its ways

Sandy Patti wrote it best in her song "Love in Any Language"

Je t'aime
Te amo
Ya ti-bya lyu blyu
Ani o hev ot cha
I love you

The sounds are all as different
As the lands from which they came
And though the words are all unique
Our hearts are still the same

Love in any language
Straight from the heart
Pulls us all together
Never apart
And once we learn to speak it
All the world will hear
Love in any language
Fluently spoken here

We teach the young our differences
Yet look how we're the same
We love to laugh, to dream our dreams
We know the sting of pain

No comments:

Post a Comment