Saturday, August 4, 2012

Amends

Just because this is coming out right before a Sunday I'll clarify, this is about amends, not Amen!!!

From amende, a French word (more accurately  Middle French) to make repairs when used in today's message, it's about sharing our/MY mistakes and seeking forgiveness.

Making amends is also part of almost all 12 step programs, unless "when to do so would injure them or others."

I know when I offer forgiveness or seek it I am humbled.

When I'm wrong, clinging to misguided  notions of a need to "preserve your (my) reputation" at all costs, or by simply being stubborn, are poor options



Two words seldom used in our language have THE most powerful meaning and impact

"I'm sorry"

2 comments:

  1. The posts you make emphasise what a beautiful person you are. You're quite right about the usage of the words "i'm sorry". In some fields of study, people are often instructed never to apologise, and that attitude seems to spread, unfortunately. There are few who put empathy first, and you seem to be one of them. It's refreshing to see there are still people in this world that truly care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you C.A. knowing A: someone does read this and B:takes the time to comment means the world to me.

    ReplyDelete