Thursday, August 23, 2012

Bridge

"When you're weary, feeling small: when tears are in your eyes, I will dry them off. - I'm on your side...
Like a bridge over troubled waters, I will lay me down"

A few weeks ago a friend of mine had a stroke.  Oddly he was out of the hospital in only a few days and trying, really trying to manage on his own.  The few times I saw him out and about he was wobbly and using a cane.   He asked a support group for help tonight "I need help with simple things like house work: I mean I can sweep the floor but not bend over to pick up the dust."

Some people just stared at him as he pleaded for help.  A few offered suggestions and one man walked over to offer some aid.

Have you been there on either side of the equation? I know I have.

It's in how we/I act or ask that being HUMAN comes out.

"When evening falls so hard I will comfort you"


 Will YOU help me be that bridge over troubled waters?http://tiny.cc/RJridesagain 

P.S. thanks Simon and Garfunkel for the song!

No comments:

Post a Comment