Tuesday, August 14, 2012

You First

I was listening to this good old church song "Just as I am without one plea..."  and then came across this quote from a fellow blogger

Self love doesn't require a crowd or a partner, a plan or a purpose. Some of the best loving is just being with okay with you

I know I have to love myself before I can love someone else.  It reminds me of something we sang in Boy Scouts at the end of each day in summer camp.

"Have I done my daily task, can I guiltless sleep tonight: Have I done & have I dared, everything to be prepared" - I don't subscribe to the BSA's no queer policy but I did learn a lot about me and how I can live a respectful life.

Fall in love with yourself. 

Think about what makes you You. Just like a flower that needs watering to grow, learn to nurture yourself in every way. Love yourself for all the good that you see and accept your flaws and the fact that you are imperfect. This does not mean that you do not learn to change from your shortcomings; instead, you are being gentle and kind to yourself despite all your “flaws”. Look in the mirror and fall in love with the reflection that is You.





No comments:

Post a Comment